Sunday, December 14, 2008

Post

So much for posting every day. Indoor is cool. I don't regret that I'm doing it, but I miss musical. I really do. I tore some muscle in my shoulder the first day of indoor (that sucked) and then I pulled my quad on Friday running the 400 and 300m time trials. I'm pretty unhappy how much it hurts to walk, but it's getting better every day.

I didn't do ANY homework yesterday. It was great. Except now I'm going to be doing homework for the rest of the night. Only one more week I guess. Except we're going to get a bunch of AP English work over the break. Come on Mrs. Fielding. I thought I'd never get senioritis. But I really did. I never want to do any work anymore.

I'm kind of annoyed my amp hasn't sold yet, I'm about to just put it on Craigslist. I probably won't be able to sell it for as much though.

Must finish this so I can go do homework.

7 comments:

Aceroth said...

Why are you selling your amp again? Do you already have another, or are you just gonna be ampless until you find one?

Zach said...

I'm not entirely sure yet. The amp has really good and really bad days for me. I love it a lot of the time, but sometimes I can't get even a decent tone out of it. I think it just has too much gain for me and I'd rather get a low gain amp and control the gain with some nice pedals.

I also took college into consideration. You took your VK to college right? I'm afraid a 50 watt or a 100 watt amp is just too big for a dorm. Too much to carry around and too loud for most situations.

I'm probably going to get a fender champ, vintage if I can find one, and get a reissue greenback speaker or v30 something. Run an EQ pedal through it so it booms like a full stack and get some kind of distortion pedal. Which will cost about as much as my VK should sell for.
It should be loud enough that I could keep up with you and a drummer with the larger speaker, but not so loud that I have to wear ear plugs to get a saturated sound.

Aceroth said...

Yeah, I have my VK in my dorm. It fits nicely into the corner of my room, and I can turn it down enough so as to not disturb people. It is annoying to carry around, but I don't have to transport it very often.

You aren't a fan of your digitech distortion? I was thinking about getting another distortion pedal. I like the sound I get from mine, but there's not much way to vary it. But there are other pedals I need more, so I'll wait on that one.

Zach said...

Yeah, I could see the 112 working. Half the wattage. They're both about the same turned up, mine just has more clean headroom, but yours gets quieter I think.

I really like my digitech actually. But I want another overdrive so I can stack them, or a real distortion pedal that gets heavy without getting muddy. But I could easily live with my digitech for a while. EQ on the other hand I want.

If you're looking for a distortion pedal, the Proco rat may be something to check out. It's a really nice pedal.

I'm actually also considering a blues junior NOS tweed amp because it can actually handle metal, unlike the champ which is just too bright.

Feather Rocketship said...

Is it just me, or did you post font get suddenly, inexplicably larger?

Zach said...

It got larger. I couldn't read the 12 point font one day so I made it bigger. I should change it back now.

Jingles said...

I really miss musical too. No regrets...just missing singing and tights.